Friday, April 10, 2009

Ten hills



We did the "ten hills" ride today. I did nine hills. I got a flat about 5k from town and just rolled back to the house. Apparently, #10 is a wall that takes about two minutes to go up. Today was THE BEST RIDE I'VE EVER DONE!!! We saw maybe three cars during four hours, the roads were perfect. Elnat took us on the ride today because we had about a 90% chance of getting lost if we were on our own. Elnat is great...she lives in Limoux, rides for Chris's team and thinks American's get a ridiculous amount of flats. The views were amazing, with the Pyrenees in the background. My camera is from the 20th century (a little large) so it's a toss up between taking food and the camera. It's really cool to ride through the tiny towns with the main street being wide enough to barely fit two cars through. We were fortunate enough to stay dry, but it was SUPER windy!! Almost worst than Beaumont at Redlands...almost.

We went to farmers market this morning before we left. Everything looked great, but I didn't really want to buy anything to avoid having try to communicate (yeah, my French is going real well). I picked some stuff up from one of the vendors who looked like a pretty nice guy. Handed him my stuff, he told me something in French, I gave him ten Euros, which was plenty enough to cover the fruit, then I think he started to complain about the large bills. "Oui"

No comments:

Post a Comment